Monday 16 November 2009

Scans and Blood

Last week we had our 20 week anomaly scan, although I was in fact 23 weeks and 3 days. Wow have those things come on since Callum was just a little bump in my belly. Daz and I were totally amazed at the first sighting we got of Bumpy's spine, so much clear detail, you could see all the bones! Thankfully everything checked out ok and we got a good few scan shots to take home with us. We decided not to find out if Bumpy is a girl or boy, we want a surprise. All that mattered was that Bumpy was coming along as they should. They can even tell you a weight nowadays, although obviously it's a bit of a guess but still how amazing is that? We were told Bumpy weighed 1.5lbs which is just what they should for this stage.

For a breakdown of what is what you can go here and see the notes.

Baby Bumpy


Today it has all been about blood tests. Because of my age and my weight, so basically they are saying I am old and fat, they think I have a high risk of pregnancy diabetes. So off I headed to the hospital with my Mum to have blood taken. Now for some people this isn't a problem but for me I hate having my blood taken, I have what I've been told are spider veins (small veins) but also today I got told that added to that I have veins that are deep down so it's harder to find a suitable vein and then harder still to get a needle in and then you have to try and get blood out. So yeah not a very fun thing for me and to have it twice and on an empty stomach because you have to fast from 9pm the night before. Yep not a thing high on wish list of things I want to do. But it's done now and I just have to wait to hear back if I have diabetes or not. Apparently they phone you only if you do.

So all in all I'm feeling a bit sore today, tired but at least no longer hungry. *blush* I had two chocolate bars and two lots of sandwiches after leaving the hospital. lol

No comments: